The Importance of Brand Consistency
A flourishing brand name is one that has considered all aspects of how engages with its client and brand consistency is vital.
So what is brand consistency?
Your clients have never had as many chances to network with your brand as they do today. Gone are the days where a customer would only encounter the traditional forms of corporate identity such as branded stationery, brochures and potentially adverts or other promotional objectives.
Nowadays clients interact with every facet of your brand through public relations, internet marketing, social media handles, events and experiential marketing, to name a few. If you do not have a clearly defined brand strategy, the opportunity for inconsistency to creep in is tremendous.
All too often the urgent trumps the necessary and materials may have been put together without the control over the product that you would have liked. The price of this might be hard to determine, but investment in considering all brand applications results in a consistent brand.
A booming organization does not leave such messaging to chance and control the use of their brand via a well-considered and comprehensive brand approach and guidelines.
A well-prepared and thought through set of guidelines can provide instructions and guidance on subjects including:
- Brand Logo– How to control logos and other design elements that make up the visual form of the brand identity. Are there alternate versions for different applications, backgrounds and sizes?
- Fonts and typography– What typefaces to use and when.
- Colour palette– The range of colours available, what they represent and how they should be utilized.
- The tone of Voice & Messaging– Guidance on language, the tone of voice, strap lines and style of any copy used.
- Corporate marketing materials– From brochures to advertising. What templates exist, how and when to use them.
- Communications (Internal and External)– Details on layout, structure and recurring themes.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media guidelines– Keywords, Landing pages and other key guidance.
Consistent brand messaging across all channels
It is potential to deliver branded projects across any single channel without a strategy or set of guidelines, but as soon as you start using supplementary channels, you are less and less likely to uphold control and achieve any form of brand consistency.
So, any probable expansion of your organization and its brand are dependent on your ability to direct and control its application properly & constantly.
How can brand consistency be achieved?
If you are committed to the accomplishment and expansion of your brand, a clearly defined brand strategy and associated guidelines is a priceless skill, and well worth the investment.
Capital spent now on getting the primary elements of your brand recognized and qualified will pay for itself in the long run as you won’t have to pay for ‘Brand development’ on every job, just provide the guidelines.
If you don’t have a brand strategy or brand guidelines and would like to create them, you should talk to toast today, and we can help.
How can Creativage help?
Over the last few years, we have seen a rising admiration of the consequences of brand consistency and the requirement for a professionally created brand identity.
We saw this demand driven not just by start-ups but from companies that have been running for years and are looking to gain more control of their brand.
Whatever stage your industry or organization is at, Creativage will help you get your branding spot on today, tomorrow and into the future.
If you would like to know more about your branding strategy, then contact us today to find out more.